LAST TEN SURAH OF THE HOLY QURAN BEST QURAN RECITATION.
Published: 7 years ago By: ISLAMTHEBEST333
9, 475 Likes 1, 009 Dislikes
Islam at a glance
The word Islam means 'submission to the will of God'.
Islam is the second largest religion in the world with over 1 billion followers. The 2001 census recorded 1,591,000 Muslims in the UK, around 2.7% of the population.
Muslims believe that Islam was revealed over 1400 years ago in Mecca, Arabia.
Followers of Islam are called Muslims.
Muslims believe that there is only One God.
The Arabic word for God is Allah.
According to Muslims, God sent a number of prophets to mankind to teach them how to live according to His law.
Jesus, Moses and Abraham are respected as prophets of God.
They believe that the final Prophet was Muhammad.(P.B.U.H.)
Muslims believe that Islam has always existed, but for practical purposes, date their religion from the time of the migration of Muhammad.(P.B.U.H.)
Muslims base their laws on their holy book the Qur'an, and the Sunnah.
Muslims believe the Sunnah is the practical example of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) and that there are five basic Pillars of Islam.
These pillars are the declaration of faith, praying five times a day, giving money to charity, fasting and a pilgrimage to Mecca (atleast once).
What is Quran?
The Qur'an is the most often-read book in the world. Revealed by God to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the 7th century, and revered by Muslims as being God's final Scripture and Testament, its words have been lovingly recited, memorized, and implemented by Muslims of every nationality ever since.
The faithful are inspired, consoled often moved to tears by its eloquence and poetic imagery, especially when recited aloud. And yet, the Qur'an is unique in being the only Scripture that is free of scientific inaccuracies, whose historical authenticity can be verified, and whose text has been so carefully preserved that just one authorized version (in Arabic) exists. Approximately the length of the New Testament, the Qur'an is also the only holy book that can be memorized in its entirety by people of all ages and intellectual abilities - including non-Arabic speakers - which Muslims consider to be one of its miracles.
Facts about Quran
* Quran is spelled as Qur'aan, Koran and commonly as Quran.
* Quran is the noble and Holy Book of the Islamic religion.
* Muslims believe in Quran as the word of God (Allah).
* Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) as the final word from God (Allah).
* According to the teaching of the Islamic Religion (Teachings that Allah taught Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) through Quran and other forms of revelation) that the commandments of God (Allah) in Quran supersede all previous commandments that were revealed in previous revelations such as Torah and Bible.
* Muslims believe in Torah and Bible as revelations from God (Allah) BUT not in the actual teachings as they were believed to be altered by people over time
* Muslims believe that Quran has not changed since its revelation. Allah has taken guarantee in the Quran itself that Allah will protect such from happening.
* The teachings in the Quran dictate Muslims' way of life.
* Muslims recite Quran in their prayers daily.
* Quran is recited the most in the month of Ramadan (the month of fasting).
* Quran was revealed on Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) over a period of 23 years.
* The verses and chapters in the Quran were revealed depending on the various incidents that occurred during the life time of Prophet Muhammad. (P.B.U.H.) The whole idea was to reinforce Quranic teachings in the life of Muslims and make it more practical for them to follow. For example, prior to the revelation of Quran, people used to drink alcohol. The first verses of the Quran prohibited Muslims not to pray while they are intoxicated (as they do not know what they are praying). However, later, verses were revealed that completely prohibited alcohol for Muslims. Allah mentioned in the Quran that the harms inflicted by drinking alcohol are far more than its benefits.
* Quran is divided into many chapters with each chapter having verses.
* Quran was revealed in the Arabic language and Muslims all over the world recite it in the same language. However, translations have surfaced to help Muslims and non-Muslims alike understand the interpretation of the Quran. Translations should be read very carefully as simple translations mostly do not convey the real meanings of what was revealed.